The basic scope
Creating conditions for complex solution of problems concerning technical and relating equipment, in particular in the following fields:
- advocacy and support of professional interests of members;
- increasing of professional competencies of members by means of courses, training classes, seminars, conferences, company days etc.;
- organizing courses, training classes, seminars, conferences, company days etc.;
- joint action in elaboration of and comments to technical and legislative regulations;
- assertion of interests of technical sectors and solution of common issues concerning technical equipment in interlinked sectors, aiming at achieving goals of members concerning development of enterprise and advocacy of professional, economic and legal interests while complying with existing technical and legislative regulations;
- joint action in education of all levels;
- consultancy, providing expert opinions;
- organizing and pursuing own business activities supporting all professional activities of ČSTZ;
- cooperation with the Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic and other associations in the Czech Republic and other countries;
Territorial field of action
ČSTZ pursues its activities in the Czech Republic.
Seat of ČSTZ
ČSTZ is based in: 147 00 Prague 4, Modřanská 96a/496..
- Forms of membership are as follows:
- The regular member (further only “member”) may become: every association, trade guild etc., set up according to Act 83/1990 Sb. and Act 301/1992 Sb., as amended by Act 259/1996 Sb. and other, in the form of an association member, every natural person in the form of an individual member, or every entrepreneur or legal entity in the form of a corporate member, insofar as they identify theirselves with the scope, goals and purpose of ČSTZ.
Applicants will become a member of ČSTZ after the conclusion of the agreement and payment of the membership fee for the particular year.
- Membership rights of the corporate and association member are asserted by natural persons authorized by a statutory body of the member in question.
- The honorary membership expresses the esteem of a natural person, or entrepreneur or legal entity for their merits. The rights and duties according to Article V. are not applicable to the honorary member.
- Granting of honorary membership is at the decision of the Executive Board.
- Membership is terminated by:
a – withdrawal
b – expulsion
c – failing to pay the membership fee
d – death of a natural person
e – dissolution of an entrepreneur or a legal entity
f – dissolution of an association
- Only the written notification of the withdrawal will be accepted.
- The Executive Board may expel a member in pursuance of:
flagrant violation of the constitution,
conduct of a member that contradicts the interests of ČSTZ in a way resulting in injury of these interests.
The Executive Board shall discuss the suggestion of expulsion with the member in question. The member to be expelled has the right to ask the Auditing Committee for the review of the decision on expulsion.
- The termination of membership does not give rise to liability of refunding the membership fee. The member, membership of which has been terminated, has no claims for property of ČSTZ.
- Each member has, in particular, the following rights:
a – to contribute actively to activities of ČSTZ,
b – to take part in the Assembly either in person as a delegate or by means of an elected delegate,
c – to vote and to be voted into bodies of ČSTZ,
d – to be regularly informed about activities of ČSTZ and their outputs,
e − to benefit from advantages granted to members in services rendered by ČSTZ,
f – to address bodies of ČSTZ in solving any problem.
- The member is obliged:
a – to keep to the Articles and resolutions of bodies of ČSTZ,
b – to be instrumental in performing activities of bodies of ČSTZ,
c – to be instrumental, to the best of their knowledge, in accomplishing the programme and developing activities of ČSTZ,
d – to protect interests of ČSTZ through their professional competencies, conduct and behaviour,
e – to pay the membership fee not later than 31. January of the current year or within 30 days following the conclusion of the agreement.
Bodies, structure and administrative section of ČSTZ
A. Assembly of ČSTZ
- The Assembly is the supreme body of ČSTZ. The Assembly is summoned by the Executive Board at least once in the three-year period. Each member has the right to take part in the Assembly either in person as a delegate or by means of an elected delegate.
- The extraordinary Assembly shall be summoned on request of majority of the Executive Board members or of 20 % of full members.
- The Assembly approves of the Articles, rules of procedure of ČSTZ, rules of election and their amendments and supplements.
- The Assembly selects and recalls the Executive Board. The Assembly selects the Auditing Committee. The chairman, the Executive Board and the Auditing Committee is elected for three-year period. Candidates for the Executive Board and the Auditing Committee are nominated by members of ČSTZ.
B. Executive Board
- The Executive Board is the managing and coordinating body of ČSTZ. It is responsible to the Assembly. The members of the Executive Board select a chairman and vice-chairmen of ČSTZ from among them. The Executive Board consists of 21 members. The number of vice-chairmen of ČSTZ shall not exceed the number of professional sections of ČSTZ.
- Meetings of the Executive Board are summoned and presided by the chairman or a person charged by the chairman. The meeting of the Executive Board shall take place at least once a year.
- Full members and guests may be present at meetings of the Executive Board as consultants. The Executive Board will decide on their presence by voting.
- The majority of the Executive Board members form the quorum for adopting resolutions. Resolutions shall be approved by majority of present members. In case of parity of votes, the vote of the chairman or a person charged by the chairman (see Article VI, paragraph B.2) shall be followed. A report shall be drawn up from the meeting of the Executive Board subject to signing by the minute-man, verifier and the person presiding the meeting.
- The Executive Board may set up expert committees, boards or working groups.
- The scope of the Executive Board is, in particular, as follows:
a – support to realization of resolutions of the Assembly, especially in the professional sections they are representative of,
b – support to realization of resolutions of the Assembly in the administrative section of ČSTZ,
c – discussing and approval of financial statements,
d – approval of the budget of ČSTZ and its changes,
e – confirmation of or veto on decisions taken by the Presidium,
f – organization of the Assembly.
- Co-optation of new members of the Executive Board is subject to its decision. The number of co-opted members of the Executive Board shall not exceed 50 % of members elected.
- Members of the Executive Board may be delegated to meetings of bodies of association members.
- The Presidium is the advisory committee of the chairman, consisting of the chairman and vice-chairmen.
- The Presidium decides the matters falling under the scope of the Executive Board in the period between Executive Board meetings. The Presidium decisions shall be post-ratified by the Executive Board.
- The Presidium sits as required.
- The Presidium meeting is summoned by the chairman of ČSTZ or a vice-chairman charged by the chairman.
D. Auditing Committee
- The Auditing Committee is a control body of ČSTZ. It is responsible to the Assembly. It gives information about its activities to the chairman of ČSTZ, the Executive Board and the Presidium.
- The Auditing Committee consists of minimum 3 members. It is managed by a chairman selected by its members.
- The chairman of ČSTZ, member of the Executive Board, member of the Presidium and the employee of the ČSTZ shall not be members of the Auditing Committee.
- The scope of the Auditing Committee is, in particular, as follows:
a – to examine realization of resolutions concerning the economy, taken by the Assembly,
b – to examine the economy of ČSTZ,
c – to suggest suspension of decisions taken by the chairman and the Executive Board, insofar as they are in conflict with the Articles or generally binding legislation; decisions suspended shall be submitted to the Assembly, possibly to the Executive Board.
- The Auditing Committee sits at least once a year. It is summoned by its chairman. A report shall be drawn up from the meeting of the Auditing Committee.
- The Executive Board shall maintain the number of Auditing Committee members by appointment of substitutes.
E. Chairman of ČSTZ
- The chairman is the statutory representative of the ČSTZ.
- The chairman is responsible to the Executive Board.
- Unless the Executive Director position is established, the chairman is responsible for function and economy of the ČSTZ.
- The chairman follows resolutions of the Assembly and the Executive Board.
- The charged vice-chairman acts on behalf of the chairman.
- The chair may be honorary.
F. Professional sections of ČSTZ
- The professional sections are made up of members of ČSTZ engaged in the relevant technical branches.
- Any member of ČSTZ may become a member of more professional sections.
- Suggestions to the establishment of professional sections, pre-dealt with the Presidium, are within the competence of the chairman. The establishment is subject to approval of the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board will appoint, based on the suggestion of the chairman pre-dealt with the Presidium, chairmen of professional sections (from among members of the Executive Board).
- Chairmen of professional sections co-operate with the administrative section and the editorial board of the journal IS ČSTZ.
- Chairmen of professional sections are responsible for the professional activities of their sections.
G. Administrative section
- The administrative section, the structure and competencies of which are subject to approval of the Executive Board, after having been pre-dealt with the Presidium, ensures fulfilment of tasks of ČSTZ.
- The administrative section is managed by the Executive Director. The Executive Director is appointed by the chairman, after pre-dealing with the Presidium.
- The Executive Director may be invited to the Assembly and to the Executive Board meeting as a consultant.
- The Executive Director takes part in Presidium meetings.
H. Regional offices of ČSTZ
- Regional offices and contact points of ČSTZ are set up in regions to reach better accessibility and transfer of information to members of ČSTZ.
- The establishment of regional offices and contact points of ČSTZ is subject to approval of the chairman, after pre-dealing with the Presidium.
- The dissolution of regional offices and contact points of ČSTZ is subject to approval of the chairman, after pre-dealing with the Presidium.
Economy of ČSTZ
- Activities of ČSTZ are funded from own financial resources, composed especially of:
a – membership fees,
b – incomes of own professional and economic activities,
c – grants and donations.
- The yearly budget and the financial statement shall be drawn up. Both documents are dealt with in the Presidium and then submitted to approval to the Executive Board and to examination to the Auditing Committee.
- Membership fees of individual members – natural persons are determined by the Executive Board. The yearly membership fee of individual members – natural persons falls due according to Article V, paragraph 2.
- Membership fees of corporate members – entrepreneurs or legal entities are contractual. The yearly membership fee of corporate members falls due according to Article V, paragraph 2.
- Membership fees of association members – legal entities are contractual. The yearly membership fee of association members falls due according to Article V, paragraph 2.
- The economy of ČSTZ shall comply with the generally binding legislation valid for civil associations.
- The administrative section keeps files of membership fees and other payments.
- The administrative section keeps accounts of ČSTZ.
- The generally binding legislation shall be followed while the ČSTZ is in the dissolved.
- The dissolution of ČSTZ shall be notified to the registration body, Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic and all entities ČSTZ was in contact with.
Force and virtue
1. The Articles take effect in the day of their approval by the Assembly.